Jennifer Eve “Jennie” Garth is an American actress. She is known for starring as Kelly Taylor throughout the Beverly Hills, 90210 franchise and Val Tyler on the sitcom What I Like About You. In 2012, she starred in her own reality show, Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country on CMT. Take a look below for 26 more fascinating and interesting facts about Jennie Garth.
1. Garth was born in Urbana, Illinois, to John and Carolyn Garth.
2. The youngest of seven children (though their only child together), Garth spent much of her youth on a 25-acre horse ranch between Sadorus and Arcola, Illinois.
3. For a time the family stayed in Tuscola, Illinois; but eventually they settled in Glendale, Arizona, when Garth was around 13 years old.
4. She studied dance and modeled, and was soon discovered at a local talent competition by Randy James, Hollywood scout and manager.
5. She attended Greenway High School as a freshman and transferred to Apollo High School in her sophomore year.
6. Determined to become an actress, Garth would receive audition materials from Los Angeles that she would work on with Jean Fowler, a local acting coach.
7. She left school during her junior year to work in Los Angeles with James and would later obtain her high school diploma in California.
8. In 1990, she landed the role of Kelly Taylor in the series Beverly Hills, 90210.
9. Throughout the series, Garth’s character went through several trials and tribulations, and dealt with difficult issues in her personal life and with her family.
10. Garth appears in all ten seasons of the show.
11. She directed two episodes which was the second most of any cast member.
12. She won a Young Artist Award and was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for the role.
13. She was also instrumental in launching the spin-offs Melrose Place and 90210, with the character of Kelly becoming a continuity icon by appearing in the most franchise episodes.
14. Her successful role on Beverly Hills, 90210 opened the door to several lead roles in made-for-TV films in the 1990s, including Danielle Steel’s Star (1993), Without Consent (1994), Lies of the Heart: The Story of Laurie Kellogg (1994), Falling for You (1995), and An Unfinished Affair (1996).
15. She also had minor and supporting roles in the theatrical films Telling You (1998), My Brother’s War (1997), and Power 98 (1996).
16. Garth ranked No. 59 on the FHM 100 Sexiest Women of 2000, and #93 on the magazine’s 100 Sexiest Women of 2001.
17. In 2002, Garth co-starred with Amanda Bynes in the WB sitcom What I Like About You as Valerie Tyler.
18. Garth was married to musician Daniel B. Clark from 1994 to 1996.
19. In 1995, Garth met her second husband, actor Peter Facinelli, while filming the movie An Unfinished Affair.
20. Garth and Facinelli married on January 20, 2001, in a traditional Roman Catholic ceremony.
21. They have three daughters; Luca Bella (b. 1997), Lola Ray (b. 2002), and Fiona Eve (b. 2006).
22. In March 2012, Facinelli filed for divorce. The divorce was finalized in June 2013. Although there was no requirement to do so, Garth had converted to Catholicism when she married Facinelli.
23. Garth subsequently began dating actor David Abrams in the fall of 2014 after they met on a blind date, and they became engaged in April 2015. They married on July 11, 2015.
24. Garth and Abrams separated in 2017. In April 2018, the couple filed for divorce. In February 2019, the couple appeared to have reconciled with Abrams filing a petition to dismiss the divorce proceedings.
25. In 2002, Garth was diagnosed with a leaky heart valve, a condition which she stated would require monitoring for the rest of her life. She revealed the diagnosis in 2009.
26. In 1993, she released a workout video titled Body In Progress.