Pinsir is a Bug type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon, it can Mega Evolve into Mega Pinsir using the Pinsirite. Take a look below for 26 awesome and interesting facts about Pinsir.
1. Pinsir is a bipedal, insectoid Pokemon with a wide, dull brown body divided into segments by thin lines.
2. On top of its head is a large pair of gray, spiky pincers on top of its head.
3. In its mouth are many long, flat teeth arranged horizontally and it has triangular eyes.
4. Its legs are short and thick, while its arms are long and thin.
5. It has three claws on each hand and foot; two of its toes face forward and one backward.
6. Pinsir can use its pincers to crush, toss, bludgeon, or tear opponents, lift things twice its weight, and shatter logs.
7. Captured prey is kept in place by the piercing thorns and sheer strength of Pinsir’s horns and will not be released until they are torn in half.
8. In addition to hunting prey, the anime has shown that it enjoys tree sap.
9. Pinsir lives deep in the temperate forests and jungles, where it burrows underground or hides in the treetops on nights cold enough to render it immobile.
10. In Alola, it has a rivalry with Vikavolt and gets along with Heracross.
11. As Mega Pinsir, it gains a large pair of clear, yellow wings with an area of orange venation near the base. Additionally, a set of brown wing coverings appear.
12. Slicing through each wing cover is a pair of orange blades.
13. Its arms become longer and it has a T-shaped spike on each forearm.
14. The pincers on its head are now longer with larger spikes, and its eyes are now yellow.
15. When it Mega Evolves, Pinsir is left in a constant state of excitement.
16. Mega Pinsir can travel up to approximately 30 mph (50 km/h) and uses its two large horns to pierce its enemies before shredding them.
17. Mega Pinsir can lift opponents up to 10 times heavier than itself with its horns and still fly around easily.
18. Pinsir can be seen as a parallel to Scyther. Both are Bug-type Generation I Pokémon. Pinsir is exclusive to Blue, LeafGreen, Pearl, and Let’s Go, Eevee!, while Scyther is exclusive to Red, FireRed, Diamond, and Let’s Go, Pikachu!.
19. Pinsir can also be seen as a counterpart to Heracross. Both are Bug-type Pokémon based on beetles and lack an evolutionary family. Pinsir is not part Fighting like Heracross, but it learns several Fighting-type moves by leveling up. Both Pokémon and their Mega Stones are version exclusives in X and Y: Pinsir and Pinsirite are exclusive to X while Heracross and Heracronite are exclusive to Y. Each Mega Stone can be found in Santalune Forest in its respective version. The heights of both Pokémon are the same, even when Mega Evolved.
20. Mega Pinsir is tied with Mega Heracross, Mega Scizor, and Genesect for the highest base stat total of all Bug-type Pokémon.
21. Mega Pinsir has the highest Attack stat of all non-legendary Flying-type Pokémon.
22. Pinsir shares its category with Vikavolt. They are both known as the Stag Beetle Pokémon.
23. Pinsir, along with Scyther and Scizor, are the only Pokémon legitimately available in all 27 in-game Poké Ball variants.
24. In X and Y, Mega Pinsir had the same body style as when it is not Mega Evolved.
25. Pinsir is based on a stag beetle, possibly Prosopocoilus inclinatus, a species commonly used in insect fighting. Its thorn-like mandibles most closely resemble that of Lucanus maculifemoratus hopei, whereas its Mega Evolved form’s diagonal spikes resemble Calcodes versicolor.
26. Pinsir is a corruption of pincer, referring to its horns.