Electivire is an Electric type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Electabuzz when traded holding an Electirizer. It is the final form of Elekid. Take a look below for 26 awesome and interesting facts about Electivire.
1. Electivire is a large humanoid creature covered in yellow fur with black stripes.
2. It appears to lack a neck, and has red eyes, a black spot on its forehead, and a pair of antennae with bulbous tips.
3. A pattern on Electivire’s back resembles an electric outlet.
4. The fur on its cheeks and shoulders is spiky and ruffled.
5. It has two black tails with red rounded ends, resembling open electrical wires.
6. Electivire has black feet with three, clawed toes, and five black fingers on each of its hands.
7. Electivire is known to be recklessly careless regarding enemy attacks.
8. The tips of its tails generate electricity, which shock opponents on contact with over 20,000 volts.
9. It can also electrify its punches by gripping on to its tails.
10. Blue sparks fly between its antennae as its electric charge amplifies.
11. It thumps its chest when excited, causing thunder and sparks to fly around it.
12. Electivire usually feed off electric currents.
13. In the anime, Electivire has been seen eating fruits from trees.
14. A single Electivire is capable of powering a large city for an entire year.
15. Electivire shares its category with Zebstrika. They are both known as the Thunderbolt Pokémon.
16. It is one of a few Pokémon whose category name in English is the same as the name of a move.
17. Electivire, along with Magmortar, Gliscor, and Tangrowth, are the only Generation IV Pokémon that explicitly required the use of a Generation III game in order to be available until the release of Pokémon Platinum. In this case, both the Electirizer and Elekid are only available through dual-slot mode with Pokémon FireRed.
18. An Electivire Costume is worn by Voldon in Pokémon Battle Revolution.
19. Electivire was the only Generation IV Pokémon in the anime that debuted before the Diamond & Pearl series without debuting in a movie first.
20. Electivire is likely based on a gorilla due to it being two-legged and its hairy features. It may also be based on a Yeti, an ape-like cryptid that was said to inhabit the Himalayas. Unlike a gorilla, it can easily walk on two legs. Its design and Motor Drive Ability are similar to an electric motor, while the mark on its back resembles a socket. Its horns may be based on Tesla coils.
21. Electivire is a combination of electric or electricity and wire (referring to its cord-like tails). It may also derive from live wire, a wire in which electric current flows.
22. Electivire debuted in Home is Where the Start Is!, under the ownership of Gary Oak. He used it to battle Ash’s Pikachu. It reappeared during the Diamond & Pearl series.
23. Paul’s Electabuzz evolved into an Electivire sometime prior to Casting a Paul on Barry!. It developed a strong rivalry with Ash’s Infernape.
24. An Electivire appeared in The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!, under the ownership of Volkner. He used it during his Gym battle with Ash. It easily defeated Torterra but then lost to Pikachu after being paralyzed by his Static.
25. An Electivire appeared in The Young Flame Strikes Back!, under the ownership of Viren. It was used to battle Kiawe’s Turtonator and Alolan Marowak and knocked them out. It was then defeated by Marowak the next day. Electivire reappeared in Living on the Cutting Edge!, where it attempted to intimidate a Kartana, only for it to cut through a wall and escape.
26. An Electivire appeared in A Young Royal Flame Ignites!, under the ownership of Mr. Electric. It was used in a Battle Royal against the Masked Royal and Ash, going up against Incineroar and Torracat, but it was defeated. Electivire reappeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it competed in the Battle Royal round of the Manalo Conference but was defeated by Kiawe’s Turtonator.