Kimberly Alexis Bledel is an American actress and model. She’s best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on the television series “Gilmore Girls”, for which she received nominations for Satellite, Teen Choice and Young Artist Awards. Take a look below for 26 more awesome and interesting facts about Alexis Bledel.
1. In 2016, Bledel reprised her role on the Netflix reunion miniseries “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.”
2. Bledel made her feature film debut as Winnie Foster in “Tuck Everlasting”, and has since appeared in “Sin City,” “Post Grad,” and as Lena Kaligaris in “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” film series.
3. Since 2017, she has appeared in the Hulu drama series “The Handmaid’s Tale.”
4. For her work on the series, she received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series and an additional nomination in the Supporting Actress category.
5. Bledel was born in Houston, Texas, to Nanette, who worked as a gift processor and flight attendant, and Martin Bledel.
6. She has a younger brother, Eric.
7. Her father was born and raised in Argentina.
8. Her paternal grandfather, Enrique Einar Bledel Huus, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and was of Danish and distant German descent.
9. Enrique was Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America and the Coca-Cola Inter-American Corporation.
10. Bledel’s paternal grandmother, Jean, was originally from New York and had Scottish and English ancestry.
11. Bledel’s mother, Nanette, was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, at the age of eight; Nanette was raised there and in Mexico City.
12. Of her parents’ upbringing in Latin America, Bledel has stated: “It’s the only culture my mom knows from life, and my father as well, and they made the decision to raise their children within the context they had been raised in.”
13. Bledel grew up in a Spanish-speaking household, and didn’t learn English until she began school; she considers herself a Latina.
14. Bledel attended Catholic St. Agnes Academy in Houston, as well as Baptist and Lutheran schools.
15. Her mother encouraged her to try community theater to overcome her shyness.
16. As a child, Bledel appeared in local productions of “Our Town” and “The Wizard of Oz.”
17. She was scouted at a local shopping mall and given work as a fashion model.
18. She went to Page Parkes Center for Modeling and Acting and attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for one year.
19. Bledel made her television debut in 2000; opposite Lauren Graham in The WB comedy-drama “Gilmore Girls,” which ran for seven seasons from October 5, 2000 to May 15, 2007.
20. Bledel made her feature film debut opposite Jonathan Jackson in the fantasy romantic drama “Tuck Everlasting,” based on Natalie Babbitt’s novel of the same name.
21. In 2005, Bledel co-starred in the anthology neo-noir crime thriller “Sin City” where she played Becky, a prostitute.
22. Bledel and fellow former “Gilmore Girls” co-star Milo Ventimiglia were in a relationship from December 2002 to June 2006.
23. In 2012, Bledel began dating her “Mad Men” co-star Vincent Kartheiser.
24. The couple announced their engagement in March 2013 and married in California, in June 2014.
25. In May 2016, it was revealed that Bledel gave birth to their first child, a song, in the fall of 2015.
26. Bledel supported the 2012 re-election of Barack Obama and urged her fans to vote.