Bidoof is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves into Bibarel starting at level 15. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Bidoof.
1. Bidoof is a brown, rodent like Pokemon with four short legs.
2. It has a short, dark brown snout and a small, red nose.
3. Cream-colored markings cover its underside and surround its face.
4. Round tufts of fur form its tail with five on the male and three on the female.
5. Similar tufts line the bottom of its face and two singular ones form its ears.
6. Bidoof’s black paws have three toes with some webbing between them.
7. Protruding from Bidoof’s upper jaw are large incisors, which it uses for gnawing on wood and rocks.
8. These teeth grow constantly, so this Pokémon needs to gnaw on hard substances to keep them ground down.
9. This Pokémon can be found nesting in groups near bodies of water.
10. Despite its stout body, this Pokémon can be agile and is not easily perturbed.
11. Bidoof appears to be based on a beaver or a gopher. It is particularly similar to the mountain beaver, a primitive relative of beavers lacking tails.
12. Bidoof is a combination of beaver and doofus (slang for a stupid person). It may also be derived from shadoof, a device used in some countries for drawing up water.
13. A Bidoof appeared in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky – Beyond Time & Darkness as a member of Wigglytuff’s Guild.
14. Multiple Bidoof appeared in Faced with Steelix Determination, where a Steelix terrorized their village after Team Rocket accidentally stuck three shovels into its head. The shovels were removed through the combined efforts of multiple Bidoof, Ash’s Staravia, and his Pikachu.
15. Multiple Bidoof appeared in PK18, where they and some Bibarel needed assistance in moving some logs so the water of a river can flow through. They worked together with Pikachu and Meowth‘s groups to accomplish this.
16. A Bidoof appeared in The Clumsy Crier Quiets the Chaos!. It was playing with a Pokémon Breeder’s Teddiursa and a Linoone when they were all attacked by a rampaging Salamence. Bidoof was then taken to a Pokémon Center by Ash and healed with the help of Nurse Joy and her Wigglytuff.
17. A Bidoof appeared in A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways!, under the ownership of Beatrice. Bidoof got trapped in an iron cage set up by a Pokémon hunter. After using its teeth to break free, Beatrice got it checked by Dr. White.
18. A Bidoof appeared in Making Friends and Influencing Villains!, where it was among a group of Pokémon that helped befriend a Shiny Phantump.
19. Multiple Bidoof debuted in a brief cameo in Following A Maiden’s Voyage!.
20. A Coordinator’s Bidoof appeared in Mounting a Coordinator Assault!, where it was seen participating in the Performance Stage of the Jubilife Contest. It reappeared in the next episode, where it participated in the Contest’s Battle Stage.
21. A Coordinator’s Bidoof appeared in Getting the Pre-Contest Titters!.
22. A Bidoof appeared in The Champ Twins!.
23. A Bidoof appeared in Jessie’s fantasy in One Big Happiny Family!.
24. A Bidoof appeared in The Keystone Pops!.
25. Three Bidoof appeared in Lost Leader Strategy!, where they were seen under Reggie’s care. They reappeared in Saving the World From Ruins!.