Virizion is a dual-type Grass/Fighting Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It is not known to evolve into or from any Pokémon. Along with Cobalion, Terrakion, and Keldeo, Virizion is a member of the Swords of Justice. Take a look below for 24 interesting and fun facts about Virizion.
1. Virizion is a stag or antelope like, quadruped Pokemon that is primarily green.
2. On the sides of its head are long horns that end in dull, curled points.
3. It has a pointed snout with a black blaze running from its nose to the back of its head.
4. Its face, hind legs, and underside are white.
5. There is a pinked-tipped leaf on each side of its neck, and leafy tufts on its shoulders.
6. On its back, there are pointed tufts of fur forming a medium-long tail.
7. Its lower legs resemble knee-high boots with pink highlights at the knees, and it has black hooves.
8. Like the other members of its quartet, Virizion battled against humans in order to protect Pokémon.
9. Virizion attacks its opponents by first darting around them with whirlwind-like speed before using its horns on its head.
10. The horns are as sharp as blades.
11. The blades are used to swiftly cut down opponents.
12. Virizion has the highest base Special Defense stat of all Grass-type Pokémon.
13. Virizion is the only member of the Swords of Justice that: is not weak to the types of any of the other members, has a type advantage over the members, and has a double weakness.
14. Virizion’s Defense and Special Defense stats are the reverse of Cobalion’s, while their other stats are identical.
15. Virizion appears to be based on the character of Aramis from the novel The Three Musketeers.
16. Like Aramis, it is the best at swordplay. Aramis in the novels was also the most feminine, vain, and romantic, qualities that Virizion possesses relative to its comrades.
17. The shape of Virizion’s head overall resembles a tricorne hat, commonly worn by Spanish and French musketeers in the 17th and 18th centuries.
18. It physically resembles antelopes, such as the gerenuk or other species of gazelle.
19. It may also be based on a stag. Like its comrades, its nose resembles that of a sheep.
20. Virizion may be a combination of viridian (a bluish-green color) or viridis (Latin for green) and champion.
21. Virizion debuted in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice, being one of its stars alongside Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem, and Keldeo. Along with Cobalion, Terrakion, Keldeo, and Kyurem, Virizion can speak through telepathy.
22. Virizion was the first of the Swords of Justice to debut in Pokémon Adventures, appearing in A Direct Attack and a Daunting Defense, where it attacks Black and White as they cross the Skyarrow Bridge, cutting up their clothing. Virizion later appears alongside Terrakion in Mistralton Cave. Both would later follow Cobalion to Pledge Grove to meet Keldeo.
23. Monta owns a Virizion, which he uses in an attempt to weaken Kyurem.
24. Virizion, along with Cobalion and Terrakion, were captured by Great Gavel via holding several Pokémon captive. Later, it was sealed into a Burst Heart and became the Burst form of Rovy.