Ashley Michele Greene is an American actress and model. She is known for playing Alice Cullen in the film adaptions of Stephenie Meyer’s “Twilight” novels. Take a look below for 23 more fun and interesting facts about Ashley Greene.
1. Greene was born in Jacksonville, Florida.
2. She is the daughter of Michele, who works in insurance, and Joe Greene, a former U.S. Marine who now owns his own concrete business.
3. She grew up in Middleburg and Jacksonville, and went to University Christian School before transferring to Wolfson High School when she was in tenth grade.
4. She moved to Los Angeles, California, at the age of 17 to pursue an acting career.
5. Greene has an older brother named Joe.
6. She initially planned to become a model, but was told that she was not tall enough at 5 feet 5 inches to be a fashion model and should instead focus on acting in commercials.
7. After taking commercial and acting class, she fell in love with acting and realized that she preferred it over modeling.
8. Greene graduated from high school early and moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
9. Early in her career, she appeared as a guest on such television programs, as “Punk’d” and “Crossing Jordan.”
10. Greene’s big break came in 2008, when she was cast as Alice Cullen in “The Twilight Saga” series of films, based on the novel series of the same name by Stephenie Meyer.
11. Greene portrayed Michelle Burkham in the drama film “Skateland,” which premiered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.
12. She reunited with her “Twilight” co-star Kellan Lutz in the movie “A Warrior’s Heart”, and also starred in thriller film “Summer’s Blood” and the Dark Castle Entertainment horror film “The Apparition.”
13. In 2013, Greene starred in the historical film “CBGB” about the former Manhattan music club with the same name.
14. Greene became engaged to Australian-Lebanese television announcer Paul Khoury in December 2016.
15. They were married on July 6, 2018 at San Jose, California.
16. Greene is a good friend of her “Twilight” co-stars, particularly Kellan Lutz and Jackson Rathbone, whom she knew before filming of the series began.
17. Greene has stated that she grew up watching football and is a Florida Gators fan.
18. She was also seen attending a Green Bay Packers game against the New York Giants with then-boyfriend Joe Jonas and Jessica Szohr at Lambeau Field in 2010.
19. In 2009, nude self-portraits of Greene were leaked onto the internet.
20. Her attorneys threatened to sue various websites that published the pictures.
21. Appearing nude in a body-painted bikini, Greene posed for SoBe advertisements that ran in the 2010 issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.
22. In 2010, Greene received “The Style Icon Award” at Hollywood Life’s Young Hollywood Awards, as well as an award from the PETA foundation for representing Avon and their no testing on animals policy.
23. She won 5 Teen Choice Awards for her role in “Twilight.”