Octillery is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Remoraid starting at level 25. Take a look below for 23 fun and fascinating facts about Octillery.
1. Octillery is a red, cephalopod like Pokemon with large, round eyes and a turret like mouth.
2. There are yellow bumps on its rock-hard head and yellow suction cups on each of its eight tentacles.
3. These suction cups and yellow bumps are smaller on a female Octillery.
4. It uses its tentacles for manipulating objects and the suction cups give it strong gripping power. Because of this, it is very hard for it to be blown away.
5. Octillery is the only known Pokémon that learns Octazooka naturally.
6. Octillery is a relaxed Pokémon who loves fuss from its Trainer.
7. In the wild, it will spurt ink containing substances that dull predators’ sense of smell to protect its young from danger.
8. Even though it is more docile when domesticated, it can be very stubborn at times in the wild.
9. It instinctively sneaks into rocky holes, and if it gets sleepy, it steals the nest of a fellow Octillery.
10. It sometimes sprays ink on prey by sticking out only its mouth, and its suction cups hold prey tightly.
11. Octillery is normally found in oceans.
12. It is also thought to be a distant relative to Omastar.
13. Octillery is based on an octopus. It also has some basis on a tank or a wheeled cannon.
14. Octillery is a combination of octopus and artillery.
15. An Octillery appeared in Octillery The Outcast, under the ownership of Marcellus. It evolved from one of his Remoraid, a task that Marcellus had been spending the majority of the episode trying to do.
16. An Octillery debuted in Harley Rides Again, under the ownership of Harley. It managed to defeat May’s Munchlax in a Contest Battle during the Wisteria Contest. It was later used during the main Appeals Round of the Kanto Grand Festival in Thinning the Hoard!.
17. An Octillery appeared in The Pirates of Decolore!, where it was a powerful member of Croconaw‘s pirate gang, and would often battle any Pokémon it came across. Like the other Pokémon in the gang, Octillery was abandoned by its Trainer. However, it eventually joined Officer Jenny’s new squad.
18. An Octillery appeared in Gary’s explanation in Johto Photo Finish, where it evolved from a Remoraid.
19. An Octillery appeared in Which Wurmple’s Which?, where Ash and his friends caught it whilst fishing, and it landed on Max’s head.
20. A Coordinator’s Octillery appeared in Once More With Reeling!, where it was seen participating in the Terracotta Contest.
21. An Octillery appeared in Sticking With Who You Know!.
22. An Octillery appeared in An Undersea Place to Call Home!.
23. An Octillery appeared in Drawn with the Wind!, where it was among the Pokémon working in Malie City. It was seen running a takoyaki vendor.