Mothim is a dual type Bug and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from a male Burmy starting at level 20. It is one of Burmy’s final forms, the other being Wormadam. Take a look below for 21 fascinating and interesting facts about Mothim.
1. Mothim is a moth like Pokemon with two pairs of wings, one larger than the other is.
2. The wing are primarily tan with an orange, oval marking on each.
3. The tips of the wings split into small, orange squares; there are three on the large pair and two on the small.
4. Mothim has orange eyes with gray, orange-tipped antennae running along the edges before extending and widening above its head.
5. Its body is black with a patch of orange on the underside and a gray stripe down its back.
6. Four gray legs and a small black tail that splits into two squares are also present.
7. Mothim is a nomadic, nocturnal Pokémon that always remains on the move, searching for honey and nectar.
8. Instead of gathering honey on its own, it raids the hives of Combee.
9. It is a male-only species, with Wormadam as its female counterpart.
10. Mothim and Wormadam are the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 424.
11. While Mothim represents the adult stage of a bagworm moth, which only fully matures if it is male, both its appearance and honey-thieving tendencies suggest that it may draw more inspiration from death’s-head hawkmoths.
12. It may also draw some inspiration from the Crambidae, a family of moths known for their nose-like palps.
13. Mothim is a combination of moth and him.
14. Mothim debuted in Some Enchanted Sweetening!, under the ownership of Cheryl. He evolved from her Burmy and assisted her in finding the Amber Castle. He reappeared in The Grass-Type Is Always Greener! and An Angry Combeenation!.
15. A Trainer’s Mothim appeared in Fighting Ire with Fire!, where he was used to battle Barry’s Empoleon. He was soon defeated with a Metal Claw attack.
17. A Mothim appeared in James’s fantasy in Tag! We’re It…!.
18. A Mothim briefly appeared in Pruning a Passel of Pals!, under the ownership of a Coordinator competing in the Wallace Cup.
19. A Mothim appeared in A Trainer and Child Reunion! as a resident of a forest where Aaron’s training center was located at.
20. A Mothim appeared in Historical Mystery Tour!, where he was among the Pokémon Ash encountered in Xatu’s Forest.
21. A Trainer’s Mothim appeared in a flashback in Flint Sparks the Fire!.