Whirlipede is a dual type Bug and Poison Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Venipede starting at level 22 and evolves into Scolipede starting at level 30. Take a look below for 18 fun and awesome facts about Whirlipede.
1. Whirlipede is an insectoid Pokemon encased in a hard, segmented shell.
2. It has two pairs of gray, horn-like feelers with dark gray stripes, with one pair extended upward from its front and the other pointing downward from its lower rear.
3. Two poisonous barbs flank either side of each segment of its shell.
4. The shell itself is gray, with red rings in the middle of each segment and a darker gray border circling its open center.
5. Whirlipede’s eyes can be seen within the center, and have slitted pupils, yellow sclerae, and thick, gray eyelids.
6. Whirlipede remains motionless while storing energy for evolution, but will move to stab approaching predators with its poisonous spikes.
7. If attacked, it can quickly spin its body like a wheel and crash furiously into opponents.
8. Like Spinda, its base stat total might be based on the fact that it and Spinda usually spin in circles, which are 360 degrees.
9. Whirlipede may be based on centipedes and on curled up pill millipedes, roly poly like arthropods that curl up into a ball when in danger. It also resembles a rubber tire.
10. Whirlipede is a combination of whirl and centipede or millipede.
11. Whirlipede debuted in Battling For The Love of Bug-Types!, under the ownership of Burgh. It battled Ash during a Gym battle, but it was defeated by his newly evolved Swadloon.
12. Multiple Whirlipede appeared in A Restoration Confrontation! Part 2, where they attacked Ash, Ferris, and a Tortuga that Ferris had befriended.
13. A Whirlipede appeared in Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry!.
14. A Whirlipede appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.
15. Multiple Whirlipede appeared in The Uprising, under the ownership of some Team Plasma Grunts. They were used to battle Iris and the Unova Gym Leaders at N’s Castle.
16. Burgh has a Whirlipede which he used to battle Gorm in The Mystery of the Missing Fossil.
17. Roxie has a Whirlipede that first appeared in Angry Boy. She used it to battle against a group of Team Plasma Grunts at Castelia Sewers.
18. A Team Plasma Grunt’s Whirlipede was seen in PS545.