Lewin’s Cove is a town in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Take a look below for 12 awesome and fun facts about Lewin’s Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. The town had a population of 544 in the Canada 2016 Census.
2. Lewin’s Cove is located just outside the Burin town limits.
3. It has one major attraction within the town boundaries, Freshwater Pond Park, which is a former Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Park.
4. The park is now privately owned.
5. It has a number of campsites that are suitable for travel trailers and tents.
6. The park is located on the bank of Freshwater Pond, a large pond which is locally used for boating, swimming and recreational fishing of salmon and trout.
7. Lewin’s Cove has a strong relationship with Burin, as that town provides the water supply system and fire service.
8. Lewin’s Cove at one time had a Fire Department, however, outdated undependable equipment, lack of members and funding created a need for amalgamation of the Lewin’s Cove Volunteer Fire Department into the Burin Regional Fire Service.
9. This amalgamation saw five members of the Lewin’s Cove Fire Department joining the Burin Fire Service.
10. The remaining members of the Lewin’s Cove Department retired from fire fighting.
11. Business within the community includes Keith Hollett’s Trucking and Excavation, Shutters and Such, Freshwater Pond Park, Isaacs Trucking and Snow clearing, Morley Inkpen’s Trucking and Don Hollett’s Trucking which does Garbage Collection for the Community.
12. Other businesses that regularly do work within Lewin’s Cove are Walsh’s Construction and Bugden’s Trucking and Excavation.