Plymouth (formerly, Puckerville, Pokerville, and Poker Camp) is a city in Amador County, California, United States. Take a look below for 10 interesting and amazing facts about Plymouth, California, United States.
1. The population was 1,005 at the 2010 census.
2. The town was originally named Pokerville, when it was settled during the time of the gold rush.
3. Plymouth is commonly now known as a “Gateway to Shenandoah Valley”, a popular wine-producing region in the Sierra foothills.
4. The Ione Band of Miwok Indians, a federally recognized tribe of Miwok people, is headquartered in Plymouth.
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.9 square miles (2.3 km2), of which 98.66% is land and 1.34% is water.
6. A post office was opened in 1871. The city incorporated in 1917.
7. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Plymouth has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated “Csa” on climate maps.
8. At the 2010 census Plymouth had a population of 1,005. The population density was 1,065.2 people per square mile (411.3/km2). The racial makeup of Plymouth was 850 (84.6%) White, 3 (0.3%) African American, 18 (1.8%) Native American, 6 (0.6%) Asian, 2 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 70 (7.0%) from other races, and 56 (5.6%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 183 people (18.2%).
9. The census reported that 996 people (99.1% of the population) lived in households, 9 (0.9%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and no one was institutionalized.
10. There were 403 households, 130 (32.3%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 185 (45.9%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 41 (10.2%) had a female householder with no husband present, 23 (5.7%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 28 (6.9%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 2 (0.5%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 119 households (29.5%) were one person and 56 (13.9%) had someone living alone who was 65 or older. The average household size was 2.47. There were 249 families (61.8% of households); the average family size was 3.14.