Sublimity is a city in Marion County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and interesting facts about Sublimity, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 2,681 at the 2010 census.
2. It is part of the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area.
3. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.93 square miles (2.41 km2), all of it land.
4. As of the census of 2010, there were 2,681 people, 1,063 households, and 678 families living in the city.
5. The population density was 2,882.8 inhabitants per square mile (1,113.1/km2).
6. There were 1,142 housing units at an average density of 1,228.0 per square mile (474.1/km2).
7. The racial makeup of the city was 95.8% White, 0.2% African American, 0.5% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 1.0% from other races, and 2.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.1% of the population.
8. There were 1,063 households, of which 27.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.9% were married couples living together, 7.2% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 36.2% were non-families. 33.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 24.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.97.
9. The median age in the city was 47.6 years. 21.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.8% were from 25 to 44; 24.9% were from 45 to 64; and 29% were 65 years of age or older.
10. The gender makeup of the city was 47.1% male and 52.9% female.