Aumsville is a city in Marion County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 fascinating and interesting facts about Aumsville, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 3,584 at the 2010 census.
2. It is part of the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area.
3. Aumsville is on the site of the pioneer farm of Henry L. Turner, who named the settlement for his son-in-law, Amos M. Davis, more familiarly known as “Aumus”, who had died on December 23, 1863.
4. Aumsville was incorporated on August 3, 1911.
5. On December 14, 2010, an EF2 tornado touched down in the center of Aumsville.
6. The winds destroyed homes and caused substantial damage to businesses and City Hall.
7. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.02 square miles (2.64 km2), all of it land.
8. The Aumsville Corn Festival is held in August.
9. Aumsville is home to the Brian Haney Memorial Skate Park.
10. The median age in the city was 30.4 years. 34.3% of residents were under the age of 18; 8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.2% were from 25 to 44; 21.1% were from 45 to 64; and 8.4% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.2% male and 52.8% female.