Lostine is a city in Wallowa County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 awesome and interesting facts about Lostine, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 213 at the 2010 census.
2. Lostine was named after a place by the same name in Cherokee County, Kansas, that served as the site of a short-lived farmers’ post office in the 1870s.
3. Lostine, Oregon, established a post office in August 1878; W.R. Laughlin was the first postmaster.
4. Lostine was platted in 1884.
5. Lostine lies along Oregon Route 82 about halfway between Wallowa and Enterprise.
6. Nearby is the Lostine River, a tributary of the Wallowa River, east of the Wallowa Mountains of northeastern Oregon.
7. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.30 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land.
8. This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters.
9. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Lostine has a humid continental climate, abbreviated “Dfb” on climate maps.
10. As of the census of 2010, there were 213 people, 95 households, and 57 families residing in the city. The population density was 710.0 inhabitants per square mile (274.1/km2).