Yarrow Point is a town in King County, Washington, United States. The population was 1,001 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 10 awesome and fun facts about Yarrow Point, Washington, United States.
1. Based on per capita income, one of the more reliable measures of affluence, Yarrow Point ranks fifth of 522 areas in the state of Washington to be ranked.
2. Before the arrival of settlers the Duwamish set up two longhouses along Yarrow Bay, although most of the tribe lived in the area occupied by the present day cities of Renton and Seattle.
3. Yarrow Point was officially incorporated on June 15, 1959.
4. Yarrow Point occupies a peninsula near the eastern edge of Lake Washington, lying between the lake’s Cozy Cove and Yarrow Bay and nearly all of it north of Washington State Route 520.
5. It is bordered by Hunts Point on the west, Clyde Hill on the south, and by Kirkland on the east.
6. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2).
7. On the national level, Yarrow Point previously leaned toward the Republican Party.
8. In 2004, Republican George W. Bush received 52 percent of the vote here, defeating Democrat John Kerry, who received around 47 percent. However, in the 2016 presidential election, of the 694 residents who voted, 58.93 voted for Hillary Clinton and 29.83% for Donald Trump.
9. There were 374 households, of which 39.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.5% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 1.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 20.1% were non-families. 17.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.04.
10. The median age in the town was 46.8 years. 27.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 3.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 15.7% were from 25 to 44; 33.5% were from 45 to 64; and 19.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 49.6% male and 50.4% female.