Metaline is a town in Pend Oreille County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 10 amazing and fascinating facts about Metaline, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 173 at the 2010 census.
2. The Pend Oreille River was deepened at Box Canyon in 1906, allowing navigation to Metaline.
3. The Metaline Mine then started producing lead from the Metaline Formation, a Middle Cambrian age limestone.
4. By 1951, the mine had produced over 10,000 pounds of lead, and almost 37,000 pounds of zinc.
5. In 1955, Metaline had a population of 400.
6. Metaline was officially incorporated on October 6, 1948.
7. Metaline is located at WikiMiniAtlas48°51′7″N 117°23′21″W (48.851978, -117.389141).
8. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.31 square miles (0.80 km2), all of it land.
9. This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters.
10. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Metaline has a humid continental climate, abbreviated “Dfb” on climate maps.